Metroline Research Group provides public opinion and market research services to government, corporate, and not-for-profit organizations, using both established and emerging technologies and methods.
Public sector specialization:
- Strategic planning and Citizen Satisfaction
- Programs, policies and planning related to sustainability – water efficiency, waste management, public utilities, public transit
Private sector specialization:
- New product development and concept testing
- Brand development and strategy
- Campaign review and evaluation
- Customer journey/shopping experience
- User experience testing
Metroline is a full-service market research consultancy. We’ll listen to fully understand your needs and objectives, then select the best research methods to meet them. After collecting the data, our experienced Project Team will synthesize what we learn into insightful, actionable results.
Quantitative research and analysis is the process of collecting and analyzing the data, which can be used to find patterns, averages, understand relationships between variables, and in some cases, generalize or project the findings to the wider population.
This usually involves conducting surveys with as large a sample as possible meeting target criteria. This could be living in a certain community or owning/using/buying specific products.
The types of quantitative research we conduct most often include:
- Online surveys
- Telephone surveys
- In-person interviews
- Member/stakeholder/employee surveys
- Product testing/taste testing
Our robust software platform allows for a wide variety of design elements. Host the survey anywhere on the web where it can be linked – Metroline’s site, your site, a client’s site. Wherever the hosted survey is located, the data resides with Metroline.
Quantitative research helps you understand the 'what' by speaking to a large number of people. On the other hand, qualitative research gets behind the numbers, to understand the 'why'. Dig in to reveal perceptions, attitudes and behaviours about specific topics or products.
This research can take several different forms:
- In-person or online depth interviews or focus groups
- Online discussion forums (project specific, typically 3-5 days)
- Online communities (an ongoing group of participants recruited because of similar interests or project usage, lasting for longer periods of time)
- In-home product placement/trial
- Ethnography (including in-home visits, shopalongs)
- User experience testing (websites, mobile apps)
Waterloo Region is one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, with a population of over 550,000.
Our office is located in the heart of Waterloo Region – downtown Kitchener. Primarily known for manufacturing in the past, Waterloo Region has become the core of Canada’s Technology Triangle – home to tech companies like Blackberry, OpenText, Desire2Learn and Shopify, financial organizations like Manulife Financial and Sun Life Financial, and two premier universities in the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University.
Metroline’s spacious focus group facility boasts a large boardroom with a table that configures for groups of various sizes.
The client suite has a tiered viewing area with room for 15 observers accessed from a client lounge that has a closed-circuit feed from the boardroom.